Load-shedding, implications for you in Randpark Ridge and sustainable energy
Presented by the RRVA, 10 April 2018. By Roderick G.D. Rankine Pr.Eng
Rod is a registered engineer and alternative energy enthusiast, who is virtually 100% self-sufficient and independent of City Power and Eskom. He has a wealth of professional and personal knowledge, expertise and application on this subject.
“If you don’t deal with reality, reality will deal with you” Collin Campbell
Content of this presentation
• Overview of background to Eskom and how we got into this mess
• This problem in historical and global perspective
• Prospects looking forward
• Safeguarding your home security and family against the effects of load-shedding
• Alternative energy options – rooftop PV
• Benefits other than merely economic
• I hear costs are coming down – should I buy now or should I wait?
• Although it is expensive, it’s probably more affordable than you think – how to justify the expense and make it pay
• Ideas to get SARS to help pay for your PV system