THE RRVA PROUDLY PRESENTS A TALK:
Cultivating proactive crime prevention initiatives
Our speaker, Clodagh Mannion, is an expert in the field of criminology, with many years of experience and practical application in the field. We are grateful for her time and efforts in providing this community talk.
Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 7 PM – 8:30 PM
Venue: Boskruin Community Center, Kelly Ave, Boskruin
What will she speak about?
Crime and crime prevention are at the forefront of every residents mind at present. The fear of crime is one of the most common side effects of living in South Africa. We all desire to be active in reducing crime, but we possibly feel powerless in the methods that we are using.
In light of this, a talk has been designed to shed light on certain areas.
The talk will include:
- A discussion on the explanation of terms used in both crime reporting and crime prevention.
- The current crime situation in Randpark Ridge, that falls under the RRVA.
- Traditional methods of reducing crime and how effective they have been.
- What proactive crime prevention actually is.
- Approaches that can be used by every member of the community.
- The impact that building a strong community has on criminal behaviour.
- Lastly, the pros and cons of using booms as a crime prevention strategy.
We would love to see you there!